TBR had a chance to meet with Austin’s cycling attorney, Brad Houston. Brad is a crowd favorite at all races, sponsors pretty much every team and event in Austin, is an occasional race emcee, has been a great supporter of TexasBikeRacing.com since day one, is a huge advocate for cyclists in Texas, and most of all – chicks dig him.
1. Age : 57
2. Occupation : Bicycle Attorney
3. Team : Violet Crown
4. Category : Masters (perpetual 4)
5. Number of years racing bikes : 8 years starting in 1985
6. Hometown : Dallas, but I like to claim my former town San Diego
7. Current Residence : Austin
8. Favorite bike you’ve owned : Schwinn Stingray
9. What disciplines do you race : Road, mountain, cross, (plus fixie, single speed, tandem, and unicycle)
10. One interesting fact the Texas bike community may not know about you : My wife Julie rides, is an attorney, and is my secret co-sponsor of 10+ bike teams, the Driveway Series, the State Road Race Championship and other races and events.