Photos © Aventon
Targeting the Red Hook Series, and other large fixed gear races such as San Antonio’s Redbull Last Stand, the Aventon Factory Team is poised for continued success in 2017. With many returning riders, as well as one new rider for both the men’s and women’s squad, the team is hoping to turn their multiple podium finishes from 2016 into wins.
For Eliel, a three year old brand based in North County San Diego, the fixed gear scene is a relatively new focus. The partnership brings together two brands that focus on great design, competitive spirit, and camaraderie. The team will be wearing some of Eliel’s latest products, and a version of the team design will be available to the public in limited release this Summer.
The men’s squad is returning Tristan Uhl, Austin, TX; David Santos from San Diego, CA; Chris Tolley, Austin, TX; Olivier Leroy, Dijon, France; Joaquin Najar, Austin, TX and welcoming new rider, Issac Howe from San Diego, CA.
The women’s squad is returning Sammi Runnels, Austin, TX; Gretchen Stumofer, San Diego, CA; Esther Walker, San Diego, CA; Kym Perfetto, Brooklyn, NY; Nissy Cobb, Portland, OR; and new rider Eléonore Saraiva from Dijon, France.
The team is coached by Sean Burke from San Diego.
- 1st Place Woman, Wolfpack Hustle Shortline Criterium, Long Beach, CA
- 3rd Place Men’s Wolfpack Hustle Shortline Criterium, Long Beach, CA
- 1st & 2nd, Men’s National Mutarde Criterium, Dijon, France
- 2nd Place, Men’s Redhook Crit, Barcelona, Spain
- 3rd Place, Women’s Redhook Crit, Milan, Italy
- 5th Place, Women’s Redhook Crit, Milan, Italy
- 3rd Place, Men’s Bone Machine Criterium, Portland, OR
- 2nd Place Women’s Bone Machine Criterium, Portland, OR
- 1st & 3rd Place, Women’s Red Bull Last Stand, Austin TX